Monday 17 October 2022

Ident 1

When choosing visuals for my I wanted something easily recognisable but accessible to me to get footage. I choose the imagery of skyscrapers which lead me to ultimately choosing my name: Sky scraper production. My Ident was heavily inspired by the ident for MIRAMAX


I wanted to recreate it in my own way. I first started by shooting different footage of the sky-scrapers with and without the Brokeh effect, pushing and pulling focus from the skyscrapers.

When I was happy with the footage I went on to create my graphic. I did this by putting my still image into Photoshop and drawing on top of it to create the logo. 


I faded the logo on to the video which I thought came out well. For the audio I experimented with different non-diegetic music for this ident. I wanted it to have a very whimsical, futuristic and  high tech atmosphere to match the images of skyscrapers. I experimented with different loops in GarageBand for the ident itself. This was the outcome:


After finishing my ident here were some issues I noticed:

-The font was too simple. Although I went for a font similar in simplicity to the MIRAMAX ident, it was almost a bubble font. I though I could fix this y animating the letters. Key framing and elongating the letters (linking back to the height connotation of skyscraper) or even placing focus on a certain part of the title (animate just 'scraper'). Another way I could solve this is by using a more interesting font maybe with a 3D or Metallic look to it to make it more visually interesting. 

-I needed to find a way to transition between the ident and the opening shot. I would solve this by either fading the ident into the first shot ot fading the ident to black (like seen in the Cherry Falls opening)

-Finally, since I wasn't retaining diegetic sound of the ident, I opted for having an audio bridge for a smoother transition. 

Final Product:



No comments:

Post a Comment